Careprost with an active ingredient of Bimatoprost works effectively for the treatment of increased pressure within the eye (intraocular hypertension) and open-angle glaucoma. Open-angle glaucoma is a continuous condition that may result in the loss of vision. The application of this eye drop medicine helps to treat hypotrichosis. It improves the thickness, darkness, and length of eyelashes. It is only recommended for those from 16 upward.
It is advisable to adhere strictly to the directions given by your doctor or pharmacist on the use of this medicine. You are not expected to use this medicine more or less than it is required in relation to how it is prescribed or advised. Ensure you notify your doctor if you feel any unwanted or dangerous effects. Avoid a sudden withdrawal from the use of Careprost. If this is required, make sure you inform your doctor before taking action. Use the medicine for the duration of time given.
Mode of Indication, Dosage, and Duration of Treatment
Ensure you adhere to all directions on the usage relating to the number of dosages and the time for its use. Observe the effect of the ophthalmic form of Careprost 4 hours after the use of Bimatoprost. The observation can be done within 2 months of administration of the first dose. The effect shows up for within the duration of 12 to 24 hours. The effect of Careprost after the use of the topical ophthalmic form may remain for 4 weeks after you stop its use
The following precautionary measures must be taken before or when using Careprost medicine:
· Patients that have allergic reactions to Bimatoprost or any of its inactive ingredients should keep away from its use.
· Pregnant women should keep away from the use of Careprost unless the use is necessary. Notify the doctor if you are in this condition before the intake of Careprost.
· Lactating mothers are advised to keep away from the use of Bimatoprost unless the use is necessary. Notify the doctor if you are in this condition. The use of this drug by breastfeeding women may lead to adverse effects on nursing babies.
· Careprost in its ophthalmic form is restricted from use if you put on soft contact lenses. You should remove the lens before the application of Careprost eye drops; you can put it back after 15 minutes from its use.
· Parents are advised to take precautions to keep Careprost from contamination by bacteria. This can lead to bacterial keratitis.
· The use of Careprost eye drops may lead to changes in eyelashes such as pigmentation, length, thickness, a misdirected growth of eyelashes, etc. The color of your eyes may change through the use of Careprost (from the increase of brown pigment amount in the iris).
· Patients who are below the age of 16 years should be restricted from its use.
· Patients who use Careprost eye drops should keep away from operating heavy machinery or driving as its use may lead to blurred vision.
Ensure you notify your doctor or seek emergency medical attention when you begin to experience any of the following side effects of Bimatoprost:
· Redness of the eye;
· Eye discharge;
· Eye swelling;
· Blurred vision;
· Double vision;
· Change in color vision;
· Eye color changes;
· Increase in hair growth;
· Burning or itching of eyes;
· Eye pain.
In a situation whereby you forget to use your prescribed medicine, you can always take it at the moment of recollection. However, mind the time for the next dose if not close. Taking two doses at one time should be avoided.
Peradventure you take more than the prescribed doses, quickly see your doctor or call for emergency medical help.
Interaction with other drugs
Ensure you notify your doctor before using any new medication that may cause unpleasant effects or render Careprost eye drops ineffective. You are advised to seek your doctor’s direction before taking any of the following medications: